Friday, September 10, 2010

body painting!

So let me start by telling you a little about the artist.  His name is Andy Golub and he's a well known body painter in NYC.  His thing is public body painting "shows", where he will have his model stand "naked"(wearing underwear) and he feeds off the energy of the model, the place where we are and the people all around.

With that said we went to Lincoln Center at 62nd and Columbus to begin our very risky and very nude adventures.  The second they saw me unzip my top, all sorts of security, police, detectives came rushing over and explained to us that we can be there, private property, etc, etc...So we did some exploring and found a good place on the corner of 62nd and Amsterdam, right outside of where a bunch of fashion shows  were letting out.  So, I strip down to my underwear on the street corner and immediately a HUGE amount of paparazzi and people with cell phones start taking photos of me.  We were there over the course of maybe 4 - 4.5 hours, and I looked CRAAAAZY!  I was all rainbow colored from my hair line down to my knees...(I was wearing leg warmers because it was so cold!)

After over 4 hours of being naked outside I was beginning to shiver uncontrollably and we had to move inside to finish up the job...So we headed down to Chelsea into the gallery area and went into a gallery to finish up with the painting.  Another hour or so passed and we finally finished up close to 7:30ish and then started walking around amongst all the art galleries, appreciating all the exhibits as well as BEING appreciated :)  In each gallery lots of people were taking more pictures of me and with me...every once in a while I would see what I looked like in a photo, or in someones glasses and would be creeped out because I would forget that I was all painted up all crazy and unrecognizable!

At the end of it all, I had a great and fun experience and met lots of people :)

Lots of more pictures are coming soon :D

7 comments:

  1. cool, u look like a cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! can i paint you next time lol :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome pictures, looks like you had a lot of fun....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that sounds like it was real fun and the paint and you look amazing. Can't wait to see more pics. Just glad you didn't get sick

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sooooo gorgeus! I cant wait to see more of the body painting shoot. Thanks for share your amazing body with us. Declare me a big fan of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! You should definitely do more of this kind of work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. have you ever worn a c-string?

    Google it.

    ReplyDelete